May 1, 2013
Posted by: admin
BCI awards colleges gold stars: NLS B'lore, ILS, BVDU, Symbi, KLE [UPDATE] Click here for details
May 1, 2013
Posted by: admin
Proposed New Building Click here for Photos
Jun 10, 2012
Posted by: admin
FAQ1. Does the college have hostel facility?
Yes, the College has separate hostel facility for both boys and girls. It is situated at Dental College campus, 6 kms away from the Law College. College bus service may be opted by the hostel students.
2. What are the future prospects in law?
Legal profession is competitive. Future with law is very bright as there are numerous options for a law graduate. To quote a few: court practice, judiciary, academics, corporate, non-litigation or chamber practice, legal advisers for Banks, Companies, etc., LPO’s, and Company Secretaries [LL.B. and C.S], Competitive Exams, Legal Associates, Law and Journalism, Law and MBA, Law and C.A
3. Does the college assist students for job placements after completion of the degree?
Yes, the college has ‘MENTOR-the Career Guidance Cell’, that plays an important role in arranging for student’s internship with law associates.
4. Does the college promote extra curricular activities?
Keeping in mind all round development of personality of the Students, the college provides a platform to pursue their interest in Sports and Cultural activities conducted within and outside the College. Freshers’ Day and Annual Day are held annually where Students can exhibit their talents.
5. Does the college contribute in overall personality development of the student?
The following activities are conducted periodically to facilitate the above purpose. For instance, periodical Guest Lectures from legal luminaries, Moot Court Competitions, Essay, Debate, Mock-trial, Model - Lok Sabha, Client Counselling and Interviewing, legal aid camps, legal awareness programmes, sports, cultural festivals and as a part of clinical education Jail visits are also arranged for the students.
6. Does the college provide any practical training for developing the advocacy skills?
Yes, college organizes multiple events like Moot Court Competition, Client Counseling, Court Observation, Drafting and Pleading and many activities are part of the Practical training.
7. What modern technology set-up does the college possess?
The college has automated its Library and Office by implementing Smart Card Technology with issue of Smart ID cards for its students. Library also uses digital signature technology for its transactions. The college has well equipped modern E-Library (internet lab) with sufficient CD ROMS, online and offline databases on different subjects that help the students in their research activities. Academicians of the college use audio and visual tools for teaching purposes, LCD presentations.
8. What is the eligibility criteria for taking admissions to the course?
The minimum eligibility criteria for admissions are:
• For 5 year course: 10+2, with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST)
• For 3 year course: 10+2+3, a degree with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST)
9. What is the college working hours and library working hours?
The college and library functions from 9.30 A.M to 5 P.M during weekdays and on Saturdays, office works till 2.00 p.m. The classes are conducted from 8.30 A.M to 2.00 P.M on all days.
10. Whether the college provides any scholarship for poor and meritorious students?
The college recommends the cases of deserving candidates to the government and other institutions for necessary help in that direction.
11.Does the college conduct any certificate or diploma courses apart from the mainstream legal education?
Yes. The college is conducting few certificate programmes in association with Karnataka State Law University, Hubli and IGNOU
Diploma/ Certificate Courses
• PG Diploma course in Cyber and Information Technology Law.
• Certificate Course in Intellectual Property Law.
• Certificate Course in Law and Medicine.
• Certificate Courses in French and German Language.
• Certificate Course in Communication and Soft Skills Development.
IGNOU- 'SCHOOL OF LAW' Programmes
o Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Process Outsourcing (PGDLPO)
o Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights (PGDIPR)
o Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Law (PGCCL)
o Post Graduate Certificate in Patent Practice (PGCPP)
o Certificate in Consumer Protection (CCP)
o Certificate Programme in Human Rights (CHR)
13.Does the College conduct periodical tests and examination?
There will be two tests held in a semester and one preparatory exam before closing of the semester which is mandatory. The performance of the Students in the above said tests and preparatory exam will be sent through E- Sandesh (SMS) to the Parents.