BCI awards colleges gold stars: NLS B'lore, ILS, BVDU, Symbi, KLE [UPDATE] Click here for details
Class Teacher : Mrs. ChaithanyaNair.S
Paper 4: Human Rights – X Sem, LL.B (5 year Course)
Lesson Plan : - 30 classes plan
Introduction to the environs of Human Rights.A brief reflection of the importance of the concept.A glimpse of the past and discussion about the syllabus and reference.
The escalating emergence of Human Rights Jurisprudence.The historical reflections of the Human Rights instrumentalities.
Class :- 3
The impact of the French Revolution in the creation of demand for Human Right.
Class :- 4
Ancient Hindu Law and human Right
Religions, culture and human rights in India
Class :- 5
A survey of Human Rights in India.The Current Indian realities and violations of Human Rights.
Class :- 6
Human Rights revisited and U.N. Incarnates
The League of Nations – a transition phase.
Class :- 7
The Charter of Human Rights and the value of these rights the preamble of UN Charter and the concept of Human Right.
Class :- 8
Universal Deliration of Human Rights – discussion of its details
Class :- 9
Meaning of Human Rights and kind of Human Rights
a) Civil and political rights
b) Economic, social and cultural rights
Class :- 10
Sources of International Human Rights Law
a) International treaties
b) International customs
d) Judicial decisions and Human Justice
Class :- 11
The Basis of Human Rights
- Human Rights under the UN Charter
- The promotion of Human Rights by United nation.
Class :- 12
- Commission on Human Rights
- Recommendations and reports
Class :- 13
The Sub-commission on prevention of discrimination and protection of minorities commission on status of women.
Class :- 14
- United Nation High commissioner for Human Rights
- Human Rights – ‘Hot-Line’
Class :- 15
- The Office of United Nation High commissioner and his function.
- Human Rights council
Class :- 16
- The Seven core human right treaties
- Monitoring of human rights
- Conventional mechanism
Class :- 17
- Universal declaration of Human Rights
- International Bill of Rights
- Enumeration of rights
Class :- 18
- The Legal effect of the declaration of Human Rights
- The influence o UDHR in India
Class :- 19
- Discussion about the adoption of HR in the Indian constitution UDHR and constitutional perspectives
Class :- 20
- International covenants of Human Rights
- Covenant on Civil and political rights
Class :- 21
- Covenant on Economic, Social and cultural Rights
- Discussion about the key stones of the covenant
Class :- 22
- Relationship and criticism of the two covenants
- Implementation of the covenants suggestions for effective implementation.
Class :- 23
International convention of :
- Inhuman Acts
Class :- 24
- Apartheid – Racial Discrimination and human right violations
Class :- 25
- Torture, Slavery and Salve trade, forced and compulsory labor and other inhuman treatment.
Class :- 26
- A human right tissue of sensitivity
Class :- 27
Vulnerable groups and human Rights
- Special discussion about violation against women.
Class :- 28
- Protocol for the protection of women
- Indian women and human right
Class :- 29
- Child Rights, child labour and the world summit for children
Class :- 30
- National human right commission of India
- Conclusion of the HR in National perspective
- V.R. Krishna Iyer.J, the Dialectics and Dynamics of Human Rights
- Dr. H.O. AGarwal, Human Rights
- Starks, International law
- Ian Brownlie, Basic documents of International Law
- Balachandra and Rose Vargheses, Introduction to International Humanitarian law.