In the light of Section 4(1)(b)(xvi) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 Dr. J.M. Mallikarjunaiah, Principal, is designated as Public Information Officer and Joint Director, Collegiate Education, Bengaluru region, Bengaluru is the first appellate authority for providing,required information relating to the activities of K.L.E. Society’s Law College under Section 4(1) (b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005
1.The particulars of its Organization, functions and duties.
The K.L.E. Society’s Law College actively engaged
in Teaching and research in the area of law and related fields. The college imparts education leading to the Degree of B.A., LL.B., LL.B course, .B.B.A. LL.B. and LL.M. The K.L.E. Society’s Law College is also actively engaged in curricular and extracurricular activities.
2. The powers and duties of its officers and employees.
All the teaching faculty members are actively engaged in teaching, research and guiding the students at different levels. Faculty members are also engaged in active research of their own. The administrative staff performs functions of their respective branches.
3. The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
The decisions are taken as per the K.L.E. Society’s Law College,All the matters regarding admissions and migration are placed before the concerned bodies and the decisions are taken by the appropriate committees/bodies of the College.
4. The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions.
The functions are discharged by following democratic process by appropriate bodies/committees constituted under the Rules and R egulations of the K.L.E. Society’s Belagavi
5. All the Acts, Statutes and Regulations held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
All the Rules and Regulations, instruction are given in the K.L.E. Society’s Law College,
6. A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control. Attendance registers, stock register, fee receipts, admission forms of students, internal assessment awards, correspondence files pertaining to the college, service books of teaching and non-teaching staff etc. are held under the control of the college.
7. The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof. The college has a Legal Aid Clinic through which legal awareness is spread in the society
and from time to time people from Bar and the Bench are associated in organizing different programmes/functions which are conducted in the college.
8. A statement of the boards, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether
meetings of those boards, councils,committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public. Under the relevant Rules and Regulations of the college,the Governing Council, Academic
Council, have been constituted to discharge their respective functions as given in the college regulations. The college has also constituted committees such as Moot Court Committee, Green Guides, Mentor’s Cell, prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell, SC/ST Cell, Cultural Committee, and Placement Cell Committee etc.
9. A directory of its officers and employees. The directory of the faculty working in the collegeis available on the website of the college. Their complete record is available with the office
of the college.
10. The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations.
The record of monthly remuneration received by eachof the officer and employee of the collegeis maintained by and held under the control of the Accounts Branch of the college.
11. The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made. The budget allocation is also made by the collegefor every financial year.
12. The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes.All programmes are executed after the approval of the appropriate bodies. The total amount allocated for any programme and utilized for any programme is subject to the approval of the auditors and prior approval of the competent authorities. The beneficiaries of such programes are mainly the students and staff members working in the college.
13. Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorizations granted by it.The college receives fees from the student as prescribed by the K.L.E. Society Belagavi (in case of aided courses) from time to time. All concessions including fee concession are given to the students under the rules and regulations of the college.
14. Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form.The information pertaining to the faculty members and the students is reduced in an
electronic form and is available in the website of the college.
15. The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use.
The facilities of the college are primarily available to the students and staff of the college. The working hours of the college are from 9.00 a.m.to 5.00 p.m. The Library of the college is open from 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. and it is prima
rily available for use to the students and the faculty members. However, any members of the public can have access to the library with prior permission of the Principal.
16. The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers. Dr. J.M. Mallikarjunaiah Principal, Public Information Officer for the information held by the K.L.E. Society’s Law College,
17. Such other information as may be prescribed; and there after update these publications every year.K.L.E. Society’s Law College.